When two or more parties become embroiled in a legal dispute seeking money or another specific performance rather than criminal sanctions, civil litigation is the result. They must instead head to the courtroom for trial so a judge can decide the matter.
Civil litigation includes:
- child contact and care custody,
- child matters and relocation applications,
- applications for consent for minor to travel,
- urgent applications,
- arrear maintenance, increase/ decrease of maintenance contract violations and breach,
- personal injury,
- property damage,
- domestic violence,
- money claims,
- application for curator bonis, curator ad litem and curator personae,
- interim maintenance,
- universal partnership,
- municipal matters and contravention of other bylaw matters.